Monday, July 20, 2009

Do it like the Greeks

I have been in love with Grecian style headbands for awhile now, but never actually saw any to buy. Last year, I finally found some leather ones at Urban Outfitters and was so thrilled that I grabbed 3. I love this one on Blake Lively.


The best part is their versatility. It can be worn showing all three strands, or twisted together to create a rope look, around your forehead, or even as a necklace!


I started thinking, aha!, maybe I should start making them. During the summer, I mostly knit with cotton yarns. They're so lightweight and come in tons of colors. It seemed like the perfect material to use for a headband. So starting today I will be selling these cute Grecian style headbands in my shop! The first one I'm listing is turquoise, but there will be more colors to come.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Those are really cute, especially on you. I will probably go with the Grecian Pocahontas look for work.

Hollyrocks said...

I love those! I have found myself wondering if I could pull them off. If I ever decide that I can, I know where to get one. :-)

tony.li said...

You look so thin and dark like an Amazonian... except your 4'8". Haha.

-T.

Anonymous said...

Very coool. You look tan.

-Zac

Marie said...

Great idea! I'm always looking for something to pull my hair back in the summertime.

Estela said...

Love them!

Beth said...

Love your headbands! So comfortable & fashionable. :)

Amby said...

Thanks, Beth. I'm glad you're enjoying them!!

cailen ascher said...

that headband on blake lively is just gorgeous. i've been looking for something unique for my wedding (instead of a veil) and something like that could work well : )

cute blog - i'm your newest follower
cheers!
cailen
www.cailenascher.blogspot.com