Monday, April 27, 2009

For real.

We moved out last weekend and it was the worst move I've experienced and I've moved halfway across the country. It seemed like there was a never ending amount of things to get out of the house and we had been organizing and packing for 30 days! Seriously, it has taken me a week to recover! We are staying  at Nathan's parents while we house hunt. They have been more than gracious to allow us and the three kitties to pretty much take over the upstairs. We're trying to look at it like a mini-vacay. We've been eating out almost every meal, which we never do. Kinda fun. The cats are adjusting well, even though the car ride over was rough. (Sherman just about had a panic attack! So unlike him.)

On Sunday, I created myself a little sewing nook in Nathan's old bedroom. This is the room where he wrote and recorded his first albums (aw) so I'm thinking there are some creative vibes up here. I've already made a bunch of rings and bobby pins for Collected Thread in OKC and tonight I'm finishing up some new key fobs. That is the most I've gotten to work on TKO stuff in months! 


Later this week I'm heading to Birmingham to see my family!! SO EXCITED. 

5 comments:

Hollyrocks said...

I'm sorry to hear that the move was stressful, but it's nice of Nathan's parents to let you two and your kitty family crash there until you can find what you're looking for. I'll let you know if I see any adorable houses! Do you have any leads yet? Lol, I say it like you're hunting for a murder suspect..

Brigid said...

The living situation sounds rough, so I hope you find a place to move very, very soon. Good work getting creative while you're sandwiched in.

Renee said...

Yay! I bet it feels super nice to be working on stuff again :) Hope you have a fun trip! I'll see you soon!

Vickie said...

I miss you : (

Estela said...

I hope you find yourself a home soon!!!
I'm sure creative things will come out of that room!