Monday, March 30, 2009

Wait, what?

On Saturday, we got 7" of snow, cause you know...that's normal. 

Spring fighting with winter. 

Sherman had to check it out.


I normally get pumped about snow, but I have been enjoying the warmer weather and wasn't really into a random snow storm...at first. Then we went outside and I was suddenly overwhelmed with the desire to build a snowman and a snow fort. It would have been the perfect snow for that! I kept telling Nathan that it reminded me of the Blizzard of 1993. He always looks at me funny when I talk about the Blizzard of '93. I'm originally from Birmingham and well, it doesn't snow there very often. Imagine what happened when we got 13" of snow one March! We were out of school for an entire week with no electricity. We played in the snow all day long and my dad put chains on his 4 wheel drive Jeep and drove around town helping people get groceries. I remember the snow was up to the bumper. My whole family slept in the living room by the fireplace the whole week. It was seriously awesome. My dad even had one of the t-shirts that said, "I survived the Blizzard of '93" 

2 comments:

Meg said...

I want a shirt as awesome as your dad's... WOW!

kelley said...

I remember that blizzard!! We were the only house on our street that somehow didn't lose power. (It was weird!) Then we watched my dad's store burn down on tv. (That was also weird)