Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cause I have so much time...

So, today of all days I started working on a laptop sleeve. I've been wanting to make one for over a year now. In the midst of having half my craft room in boxes, I get the urge to sew. I plan to sell these. Hopefully, I'll have time to make some before my next show.


This is merely a prototype, so please do not judge its imperfections. It is lined with wadded up plastic bags. Though it is a good way to recycle them, it makes for a crinkly sleeve. I haven't added a closure yet. I'm debating between velcro or a cute button. Thoughts? 

Only 25 days until we have to move out, but my computer is warm now. Priorities people.

9 comments:

Michael Bates said...

I vote for Velcro -- a long strip to make sure it stays closed even if you turn the case upside down accidentally.

Amby said...

Oh yes, that is a very good point!! Thank you.

Estela said...

Very very cute!
Michael makes a great point but my vote was for a cute oversized button!
But thinking of the computers safety is probably best.

Amby said...

Thanks! Maybe I can do velcro, but put a "fake" button on just for looks. :-)

Anonymous said...

I think it's great makes me want a laptop

Marie said...

I vote for the velcro as well. It seems more secure.
I love the fabric you used.

Renee said...

How cute! I'm not a big fan of the velcro just cause they get messy after long term use, so my vote would be a button, or a snap closure, or even better a zipper! Have fun!

Jenny.Lee said...

I like the velcro AND button idea. I definitely need one of these! What are the fabric choices???

Meg said...

Me likey!